Saturday, August 4, 2007

Coast

After hitting the gym this morning I'm picking up a rental car and driving up the coast to see some friends. They invited me to their beach house, and lured me by saying "it's only a 4-hour drive". I said yes, of course, but then looked at the map. It's so far up the coast it might as well be Brisbane, and I think it's only a 4-hour drive if you drive like a lovesick astronaut. Anyway, it should be fun.

I had a drink last night with a woman who contacted me through my forlorn and feeble myspace page. She's a photgrapher, and had messaged me hinting at a mysterious proposition. We had a drink and she outlined the plan, it involves a deserted carpark, some wet celery and a motorcycle helmet. (No, I made up the last two bits.) I ended up having dinner in a moroccan restaurant with her, her cousin and some of his friends. I rather like being photographed, and she flattered me enough that I'll do it. I did point out to her that if she wanted a couple months I'd be so hot it'd melt the camera lens but she either didn't believe me or didn't care.

Anyway, off to the gym!

No comments: