Thursday, July 26, 2007

Sinister or funny?



Just near my office is an old building which houses part of the education department. It has a lovely honeyed sandstone facade (as many good buildings in Sydney do), but what struck my eye the other day was a strangely-worded commemoration plaque on the corner.

Not that exciting, huh? Take a careful look at the second-longest line. It's the Minister for Public Instruction. Now that's a title I'd like. Years ago my friend E and I (the one who broke his leg) invented an organisation called "The Peoples' League for Taste and Decency", and even devised a logo for it. It's amazing what bored suburban teenagers get up to.

In other matters, I told my shrink, Peter, about my incredible alcohol consumption over the weekend (see earlier posts. 2 glass red wine, 4 beers) and he thought it was, on balance, a good thing.

No comments: