Thursday, July 12, 2007

Cut-rate scam!

'mary' writes to me on myspace. She's in a refugee camp in Ghana but she's from Sierra Leone. She has a business proposition for me:


I am mary james from sierra leon,but based here in Ghana in
the refugee camp. I am the daughter of the late James ben.who was
killed in during the sierra leon crisis. Please I do need your help. I do want
you to help me to retrieve the sum of 3.4million USD.with some pieces
of gold and diamond. Which my late father kept in a security company here in Ghana. Please I do need your help. Is difficult for me to get to the security company, because is illegal for me as a refugee to go to the security company. And the purpose of deposit is for foreign investor. So that’s why I need you to be my foreign
partner. Which will enable me to retrieve my consignment. I beg of you in
the name of God.

I have every necessary document here with me. and i will like to inform you that as soon as u claim the boxes of money i will come to u in u country were will can invest the fund on a good business and i will give you 20% out of the total fund and after you have reply me i will send you all u need to know to enable you claim the boxes for me and please if you are ready to help me please do send me your really name the name of your country and your picture and phone number so that i will know u in person because this boxes of gold and money i my life i will not like to lose them in any way hope to hear from reply me on my private mall address
blessing.mike@yahoo.co.uk
hope to hear from you soon thanks mary james


I'm certainly used to getting these sorts of emails, but what's the deal here? Usually it's the widow of the late emperor of the CAR, and she's got $80billion in gold and diamonds which she needs my help in getting out of a swiss bank account. Or if not the widow, some henchman. But this one, it's - wait for it - $3.4million! What sort of low-rent sucker does she take me for? It's insulting!

I do like the email address though, 'blessing.mike' has quite a nice ring to it.

No comments: