Friday, November 9, 2007

Seedy

I'm feeling a little underdone today after having 3 cocktails with V last night -and that was after tennis, and then a very pleasant dinner with my old neighbor, Craig. I now know enough about my relationship with cocktails that I can predict my behavior. I peak at about halfway thru my first one, I get very chatty and sparky. It levels off from there until about the end of the second cocktail, but as I go along I feel the urge to tell all my secrets. And I know that's a bit tiresome, noone wants to hear all that. But the end is in sight. Once I start on my third cocktail I'm struck dumb, and everything (including my brain) is covered in fine gauze. I can still think, just very slowly, but I have no ability to move my mouth in any way that resembles normal speech. (I used to see this happen to my father, but he had a much bigger tolerance than me.)

So yes, I was a bit seeedy today but luckily I was very busy so just channeled my seediness into activity.

No comments: