Monday, November 12, 2007

Melbourne

I handed over the kids last night then checked into my hotel here in Melbourne, which by some bizarre non-coincidence is where I spent the first night of my honeymoon. I have a colleague staying here too, and we went out for a drink. He assumed that because I'm from Melbourne I'd have a clue where to go, but I almost never go out here so I'm pretty useless. We did, however, find Toff of the Town, which was very agreeable. I didn't have much at all to drink because I was terrified that my urge to disclose would kick and and it so wouldn't be appropriate. The colleague in question sits next to me and it just works better for everyone if I keep my private life and my professional life separate.

I did let out that I was probably having dinner tonight with an ex - an ex that's more recent than my marriage - and he seemed very interested. "What's she like?" etc. For someone who sits next to me and really can't not overhear my phone calls he misses a lot. Then again, he's almost young enough to be my son.

No comments: