Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Carnivores

I had dinner with my friend D tonight. She's a vegetarian, and fairly strict too, but apparently has a weakness for pepperoni. In much the same way that the Queen is designated an honorary man when she visits Saudi Arabia (otherwise she couldn't go anywhere and whatnot. Is this true, by the way? It should be) pepperoni's an honorary vegetable. We had thai.

I mentioned to her the story about the German Cannibal, and how apparently he's turned vegetarian in prison. It seemed relevant at the time, but I'm scratching my head a bit now. I was in a shop in rural Victoria with A once, a shop that sold pizzas among other things. A told the pimply teenage girl behind the counter that I was a meatlover (name of a pizza, try to keep up). I had to leave the shop.

2 comments:

T said...

s well I am a meatatarian too then !!

Anonymous said...

well, to be fair, I DID only have my pepperoni for the first time (post becoming vegie in 98) a mere month or two ago....and like I said: it was the czech boys and their sausages....