Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Malaise


I'm (again) in the grip of some existential malaise. I flick through the songs on my iPod, I don't like any of them. I mentally sift through my friends and acquaintances and wonder if they really like me, or, in some cases, whether I really like them. I play piano but in a fairly haphazard way.

Maybe what I need is a new computer? This old G4 Powerbook's four and a half years old. It's missing the L key and the K's a bit wobbly. The hinge where it opens is a bit wobbly, on account of it having been dropped on the floor by the twins when they were toddlers.

I went down to the Apple shop near work (no, there's not an Apple Store here yet, that's next year) and did a bit of tyre-kicking, which I always like. They know me there now. I suspect that by the end of the week I'll have a lovely new toy. Then I can donate this laptop (remember I have two, this one - the good one - and the bad one, in a crushingly obvious metaphor for my life) to my kids.

No comments: