Friday, November 23, 2007

Nice girl like you, place like this...?

Fauzward asked me other day why I was so keen to get people to read this blog (he described my relentless self-promotion as 'tacky', which I think is a sign that I've not gone far enough) and was speculating whether I have some pay-per-click arrangement with someone. Nothing could be further from the truth, I assured him. It's purely an attention-seeking thing: I want people to read it, and to tell their friends to read it.

On that note, I'm always curious as to how people stumble across it. Yesterday there was someone from Sweden who found it by googling for 'crisis how to kill monster'. I've spent the best part of this morning trying to imagine the circumstances that would lead someone to type that into a search, and all I can come up with is some swede stuck in a basement somewhere, a looming shadow, flickering light, guttural moans... and the trapped protagonist reaching for his laptop and furiously typing in 'crisis how to kill monster' in a last-ditch effort to save his life and instead finding semi-coherent musing about A, T, V, D, Peter, Quentin and lots of stuff about mis-read signs.

On a completely unrelated note, someone in the UK once found this blog by googling for 'my lovely older lady'. As previously noted. And once, memorably, 'dry cleaner Wonthaggi'.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

'crisis how to kill monster'

That is too weird. But perhaps weirder is how on earth it turned up your blog!!