Sunday, September 2, 2007

Stood up!

Got a message from a friend yesterday morning "I'm free this evening if you want to do dinner or movies". I did have a couple of things on, but nothing that was 100% (I sometimes like to keep a bit of optionality), and this was a mate I hadn't seen for ages, so I said yes. Great. He was gonna call me later in the afternoon. I was busy, playing piano (which I'd neglected all week), doing laundry, tidying up, but by about 7pm I started to wonder what was going on. I messaged, called..nothing. By this stage, I'd already excused myself from the 2 other potential engagements I had, and was starting to feel annoyed - I'd been invited to my friend I's place for dinner and it would have been fun.

By about 9pm I was livid. By about 10 I'd cleaned my bathroom in a frenzy of anger-induced activity. I turned my phone off and went to bed. When I turned it on again this morning (I love turning my phone off at night, apparently teenagers don't do this) there was a very baleful message from him. He'd fallen asleep and had woken up at about 11pm. He did sound very sorry (and also, convincingly just-woken-up).

Bastard! But I believe him. And I did get an early night, which isn't a bad thing.

No comments: