Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Xmas

I survived christmas, and for the first time in about 20 years managed not to overeat, and as an added bonus didn't have a drink either. The not drinking was mostly a result of having a strong but not incapacitating hangover after being out for a few drinks with a friend the night before, christmas eve. I do know that by the end of the night I was incoherent, but we were in pretty good shape because he gets more excited and chatty as he drinks, so as I'm losing the ability to speak he's talking more so we make do. It did remind me that if I ever want to to try chatting up women in a bar I need to stay pretty sober. And I did experience 'beer panic' again, first time since being at the MCG with A to watch the football, but part of the panic then was that we were passing ourselves off as friends.

Christmas morning I got up at 0530 (!!??!!) and arrived at my ex's house at 0600. The boys were awake, then, shortly thereafter, the girls. We did all the presents, I made breakfast, then I left at about 0900. My sister was having a christmas lunch, as she does every year, and I was invited. She asked me a few weeks ago and I said I couldn't come because I was busy. When she asked me what I was going to be busy doing, I replied flatly "I'm not sure yet". I did drop by for a few minutes about midday, then went back to my hotel room and had a nap for a few hours, then laid in bed for a couple of hours reading. Why have I not done this for so long? It was such a treat - especially on a day when everyone else is running around like mad.

No comments: