Thursday, December 13, 2007

Taxi?

I was walking home from dinner, feeling very weary and slightly woozy (after 2 light beers - I'm a cheap date) when I decided to get a back and shoulder rub at one of the chinese massage places on Darlinghurst Road. I love a good massage, but even a bad massage is still pretty good. (I'll digress on this later.) And to clarify, I'm not talking about special massage with happy ending.

I'd been to this one before. Staightforward. You say what you want, you get some of your clothes off (depending on how shy you are - in my case not at all). On the wall is a sign with some emergency instructions, including this:

In case of dislocation treat by taxi


Now, to me this reads as though if they accidentally dislocate your shoulder or your hip, they should immediately call you a cab. Seems fair. What else could it mean, any ideas? Another one is to do with pregnancy, and I was reminded of being in an aerobics class many years ago. There were about ten woman, me, and another guy. The other guy was a bit of a rough diamond, mullet hairdo and all. At the start of the class the instructor - a woman - asked the usual questions: anyone new, anyone coming back from injury, then finally "is anyone pregnant?". At which this guy turned around and asked the group "would anyone like to be?" with a fairly cheeky smile. The women were adamantly unamused; I thought it was hilarious but (wisely) kept it to myself. It was all in the timing. You had to be there.

My digression. I remember a saying "sex is like pizza: even when it's bad it's still good". I used to think this was true, but then I went to Pizza Hut.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think Mr Mullet sounds like a total cack. And I would have laughed out loud.

But I am afraid I have to agree with the final saying.