Tuesday, December 18, 2007

It's so not.

I know most of the stuff on here is just me whingeing about how everything's gone to hell in a handcart, but I do have to say for the record that I couldn't imagine anything positive coming out of spending time with someone who calls Brisbane 'Brisvegas'. Brissie's not like Vegas in any interesting or fun way. And someone who uses that term just isn't thinking. I expect it's the sort of thing that would sound vaguely stylish and clever but only if you were a bit challenged, style and clever-wise.

I've been to Brissie twice. First time was for a couple of hours, the second time was for almost a whole day. And I did manage to find a decent coffee, despite what people say.

4 comments:

Fran Carleton said...

I think Brisvegas refers to the Gold Coast, which is, of course, no where near Brisbane. And I could be wrong, but not usually ;-)

And how about this one then. I heard it on the telly, RAdelaide, in the opinion of the VJ Adelaide is now RAD!

SleepingMan said...

I've also heard 'Brisneyland', which I quite like.

Fran Carleton said...

how about...Melboring?

SleepingMan said...

Hang on. I try to keep profanity out of the blog. Can you pls edit.