Saturday, October 13, 2007

Legless

I was out on a cocktail bar crawl last night with some women (a setup that I can't help but find mildly titillating, even though there was nothing like that involved) and I had a bit of an epiphany. Cocktails are great - you get a bit giddy and excited but not full or messy as you do with beer, which has been up to now my preferred drink. I had 4 cocktails and when I got home (which was only 10pm) I was staggering about talking to myself.

A truly excellent evening! And I don't feel too bad, so far. Nothing breakfast and a coffee wouldn't fix. One of the fun things about being the only man in a group with 4 women is that they don't moderate their conversation as much as they would if there were more men present, so as we had more and more cocktails the conversation slowly but inexorably got raunchier and raunchier. It's probably the alcohol talking, but sometimes I start to think I really am getting to understand women (this is a dangerous and foolhardy train of thought, I know).

1 comment:

T said...

a dangerous thought indeed !!!!!