Sunday, June 17, 2007

London

8am, I'm wandering around central london aimlessly as I can't check into my hotel till lunchtime-ish. I went to Bar Italia for a coffee and ran into someone I knew, which has cheered me up and made me feel like I'm a global geezer. He told me he was just in town from Sicily, and he was a little too self-important about it so I said I'd just flown in from Sydney.

Flight was ok-ish. Justin Long, the actor who plays the mac in apple's "I'm a mac.. and I'm a pc" ad was on the flight. He's smaller than you'd expect. I only know his name because I read something about him in one of the sydney papers yesterday. And no, that's not an amazing coincidence, I assume he was in Sydney for some movie or something and his job is to get in the papers. There was a bloke near me who looked like he was - or had been - a famous rugby player. But I'm from Melbourne so I know nothing about the throwing game. But he did give me that look that says "yes, I'm famous, stop looking at me" but of course he could have set himself on fire for all I'd care. Big bloke, too.

No comments: