Wednesday, April 1, 2009

That's what I thought she said..

I was at dinner last night with a charming woman and I was pretty much on my best behavior until she said something like there's a creative world and a practical world and she was "rooted in both worlds". I tried not to but I really can't not react to something like that and I couldn't help saying "as it were" but with a completely straight face, and she was about two or three sentences on before she realised what had happened.

She then guessed my star sign. She had told me the last time we'd met that the stars reveal peoples' character so I said she could try to figure out mine. She had three strong possibilities. It wasn't either of them. She tried a few more. Finally after about 8 or 9 she got it, which she put down to not knowing me all that well.

3 comments:

user garnerda said...

You mean astrology might be complete bollocks???!!!

SleepingMan said...

I was sure you'd pick up on the other bit VT, the "rooted in both worlds". Where's your inner Territorian?

D said...

I didn't get the rooted in both worlds bit...oh, ok. I just did.